Hi! Everyone! Jemima Jones Beck here. Last night was laundry night at the Beck household. Mom and Dad normally take their clothes to a Laundromat (which they both hate). But last night Grandma Marlane and Grandpa Steve let us all go over to their house to do laundry! Yay! Mom and Dad loved it because they didn't have to spend three hours dodging screaming kids and trying not to slip in whatever all those puddles are on the Laundromat floor, and I loved it because I got to go with them! In the pictures included here you can see me keeping the laundry safe on the ride up to Grandma and Grandpa's house, me looking at a squirrel from Grandma Marlane's kitchen door, and the Fort thingy that Dad built out of Lincoln Logs while we were waiting for our laundry to be all done. What an awesome evening for a pug! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Aunt Tyk were there...oh well! And now, onto a Movie MeMe that we saw on Goodboy Norman Featherstone's Blog. Here are the Rules: 1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies. 2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. 3. Post them here for everyone to guess. 4. When someone guesses correctly put who guessed it and the movie. 5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun. Here's our list: WE ARE NOW INCLUDING HINTS!
1. Wow! That toe is like DEAD! I...I...think I gotta take you to the hospital. I mean, I don't think that I can just let you put that back in the shoe.Lost in Translation correctly identified by More 2. (Character 1)Another dance and my reputation will be lost forever! (Character 2) With enough courage you could do without a reputation (Character 1) Why Rhett! You do talk scandalous!Gone With the Wind correctly identified by Lex!
3. ...Snag one? Uh uh! I've seen this movie! The black dude dies first! You snag it! HINT: This movie stars David Duchovany and Julianne Moore.
4. She's supposed to be some kind of consultant. Apparently she saw an alien once. HINT: This movie is part of a series that includes movies (4), books, comics, toys, and one or more of the stars can usually be found at your local "Star Con" or other Star Trek/scifi convention.Aliens correctly identified by Nevis!
5. I had two big accidents in my life Diego, the trolley and you... You are by far the worse. HINT: This movie is based on the life of a very famous Mexican artist. Frida correctly identified by The Devil Dog!
6. Hit this one, and I'll sleep with you. [ball hits an official] Too bad. You could've used the workout.Wimbledon correctly identified by Clover!
7. Look, I'm not stupid. It's the Big Man's wife. I'm gonna sit across from her, chew my food with my mouth closed, laugh at her fucking jokes, and that's it.Pulp Fiction correctly identified by Goodboy Norman Featherstone.
8. People break down into two groups when the experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance.... HINT: This movie is absolutly terrifying. Mom had to sleep with the lights on for three months after seeing this movie and the title of the movie is included in the quote.Signs correctly identified by Lex.
9. Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him. They woulda tossed him girls like Nancy back then. Sin City correctly identified by Nevis!
Hi! Everyone! Jemima Jones Beck here! Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend to everyone! I hope that you are all enjoying your corned beef (yum), cabbage (um...) and green beer (yuck). Mom and Dad are heading over Grandma Andrea's house to eat corned beef and cabbage later this evening. I think that I am going to be ditched here at home because the last time that I went to Grandma Andrea's house I pooped in the bedroom...something that I hadn't done in over a year...I am not sure why I was so bad that day...hmmmm....maybe I should think about that... Anyways! Today, Mom and Dad took me to a new dog park in Louisville, Colorado (I got to ride in Dad's Jeep, Cricket, and wear my favorite pink skull and cross bones scarf, as you can see in the first picture). It was a lot of fun! The park had benches for Mom and Dad to sit on, a walking trail for them to walk on, grass for me to run in, and a pond! Now, I normally hate water, but I did consent to rescue my ball from the pond, twice. Hope that ball appreciates my efforts! Love, Jemima Jones Beck
In this picture Mom is sitting on the side of the bathtub, waiting for it to fill up, as I hide between her legs pleading: "Please Mom! Not another bath! Have a Heart! Pugs are supposed to smell like moldy bread"! It didn't work. Love, Jemima Jones Beck
So, the other day, Mom and Dad went to this place where they put on these shoes, that had been worn by like 400 other people, and then they took these huge balls (that weighed like 16 pounds each) with three holes drilled into them, and rolled them (the balls) down a long alley and tried to use them (the balls again) to knock "pins" over. The more pins they knocked over in one turn the better....hmmm.....
You can see Dad after one particularly vigorous ball rolling attempt in the pictures included here. Are my parents weird, or what?
Thanks very much to everyone who left us messages of support about Great Grandma Sue, we appreciate them very much! And we are sure that Great Grandma does as well...she is surely being kept good company by lots of positive thoughts and a few furry friends who are also where she is now! Love, Jemima Jones Beck
Hi! Everyone! A very sad Jemima Jones Beck here. My Mother's Grandma, my Great Grandma Sue, passed away this morning at about 11:00am. Great Grandma had been sick for a long time so it is nice to know that she is not suffering any more. I remember how Great Grandma always scratched my chest in just the right way and how she always wanted Mom and Dad to go out of town, so that I could stay with her for a few days and be spoiled with extra food and treats and unending attention. Mom, who always has her camera with her, took some pictures of the last social visit that everyone made to Great Grandma on Saturday. In the first picture you can see Me, of course, and then Great Aunt Marcia, Grandma Andrea, Mom and Dad all dressed up for visiting Great Grandma Sue in the second picture. And finally, some of Great Grandma's nurses, who were all wearing very funky socks and cool colored pants, in the third picture. Mom, Great Aunt Marcia, and Grandma Andrea were with Great Grandma at the hospital when she died today. To view previous posts featuring Great Grandma Sue click here or here. Love, Jemima Jones Beck
Hi! My name is Jemima Jones Beck and I am a seven year old Pug. I live with my two people, Rachele and Scott Beck in Colorado, and we love it here. We also have three cats named Wellington, Spork, and Netty. I have lots of interests including eating, sleeping, and snuggling. I am enthused by life and think that chewing on things is good. I also believe in being excited by each new morning, and greeting the sunrise with a smile and a poop.
Also, this blog, and the content on it, including all words and images are mine and mine alone. Nobody but me has permission to use it, and if I find another one of my pictures on your website, well, I might just have to poop on your lawn.